Sunday, April 5, 2009

View of Americans in China




There are many stereotypes that Chinese people have about Americans. Some of them also are what I had before I came here. Most Chinese people think that black Americans are tall and good at basketball because there are so many black players in the NBA. Of course, this is not true and there are many black people who are horrible at basketball, isn't it? The stereotype of Chinese people view American people, generally is rich and free. Let me see, I don't know how to say, because the first impression of American people of mine is their lives are leisurely and colorful. They have their own car easily as Chinses people have their own bikes. There are many Chinese have "dream of American". They think that living in American will change one's life. (I mean life will get better). Also, Some people think American people they even have their own guns especially within people with black skin. Even now, I still afraid of touching with black Americans. In my childhood, when Chinese people began to watch foreign TV series and movies, people always wondered why foreign actors or actress looked so similar, and we used to mix who is who within the screen, even nowadays. I think all of these kind of stereotypes are affectted by American movies. Also I read an article on American people's relationship is very coldhearted seems like friend-benefit(of course I don't mean the slang). They become friends just because their benefit. But when I touched American people personally, I chaged my view. Because the U.S naton make up of many races. I can say it is a color nation. Some people say American black people are rude seldom education, coursing crime.....something like that, but not really like the people say.

1 comment:

  1. These are all very interesting, There are many ideas that people have able African Americans. It wasn't until I came to college that I knew any African Americans personally. Their culture is different than that of White Americans. I really love my African American friends, what is unfortunate is the history and tension behind these racial politics.

    ReplyDelete

Followers